Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
K R Siddhapura :-
is Associate Professor and Head in Electrical Engineering Department at Darshan Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rajkot, Gujarat. He is an M Tech from IIT-Roorkee and has also received a DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship for undertaking master's thesis at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. In 2013, he was selected for Energy Conservation Technique (Country Focused Training) under technical cooperation of government of Japan.
D B Raval :- He is an outstanding engineer. He has an industry experience of over six years during which he worked for two Tata affiliated companies. Thereafter, he moved to academics, joining VVP Engineering College at Rajkot, where he is serving for the last 18 years.
About the Book
This is a single-volume book on 'electrical machines' that teaches the subject precisely and yet with amazing clarity. The extent has been kept in control so that the entire subject can be covered by students within the limited time of the semesters. Thus, they will not have to consult multiple books anymore. The discussions of concepts include the modern trends used in industry, like efficient transformers, efficient induction motors, DC drives, and the problems related to them. A special feature of this book is its presentation. Important statements have been set in bold type. Key equations have been given in separate boxes so that they can be spotted easily at the time of revising.
• Fundamentals of Electrical Machines • DC Machine Fundamentals • DC Generators • DC Motors • Single-phase Transformers • Poly-phase Transformers • Poly-phase Induction Motors • Single-phase Motors • Synchronous Generators • Synchronous Motors • Special Machines
• Tools like 'Remember!', and 'In a Nutshell' aimed at focusing attention on important related points
• 'Key Points to Remember' at the end of each chapter to facilitate recapitulation of text in fast mode
• Appendix at the end of the book to provide additional useful information on machines
• More than 250 focused solved examples
• More than 300 numerical questions
• More than 400 descriptive questions"