Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
R S Khurmi :-
He was born on 29 Aug 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He completed his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi. He started his career in Punjab Irrigation Department as an Engineer. After guidance from Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Dr. Khurmi came to Delhi and took up Teaching and Writing Engineering Text Books as a full time career. He had a great respect for his Guru Shri B.L. Theraja, who introduced him to S. Chand and Company. His books got a good market, not only in India but also abroad. According to the survey of UNESCO, he is the leading and No. 1 author of Engineering textbooks in Asia. He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in teaching profession always referred that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing Engineering Text Books. He was one of the founder members in Executive Committee of Afro-Asia Book Council. He conducted Author Development Workshops at many places in India and abroad.
N. Khurmi :- -
About the Book
A Textbook of Engineering Mechanics is a must-buy for all students of engineering as it is a lucidly written textbook on the subject with crisp conceptual explanations aided with simple to understand examples. Important concepts such as Moments and their applications, Inertia, Motion (Laws, Harmony and Connected Bodies), Kinetics of Motion of Rotation as well as Work, Power and Energy are explained with ease for the learner to really grasp the subject in its entirety. A book which has seen, foreseen and incorporated changes in the subject for 50 years, it continues to be one of the most sought after texts by the students.
• 37 chapters evenly explain all major theories of the subject.
• Six New Chapters on "Pappus - Guldinus Theorem", "Product of Inertia", "Vibrations", "Rectangular and Cylindrical Coordinate System in Dynamics", "Work-Energy Method" and "Forces in Space (In Vector Form)"
• More than 1000 figures and examples aid to the concepts explained.
• More than 750 in-text exercise and chapter-end questions for practice.
• Free On the Website: 6 Chapters on "Analysis of Perfect Frames (Graphical Method)", "Equilibrium of Strings", "Balancing of Rotating Masses", "Motion of Vehicles", "Hydrostatics" and "Equilibrium of Floating Bodies".
Table of Content
1. Introduction, 2. Forces, 3. Moments, 4. Parallel Forces and Couples, 5. Equilibrium of Forces, 6. Centre of Gravity, 7. Moment of Inertia, 8. Principles of Friction, 9. Applications of Friction, 10. Principles of Lifting Machines, 11. Simple Lifting Machines, 12. Support Reactions, 13. Analysis of Perfect Frames (Analytical Method), 14. Virtual Work, 15. Linear Motion, 16. Motion Under Variable Acceleration, 17. Relative Velocity, 18. Projectile Motion, 19. Motion of Rotation, 20. Combined Motion of Rotation and Translation, 21. Simple Harmonic Motion, 22. Laws of Motion, 23. Motion of Connected Bodies, 24. Helical Springs and Pendulums, 25. Collision of Elastic Bodies, 26. Motion Along a Circular Path, 27. Work, Power and Energy, 28. Mass Moment of Inertia, 29. Kinetics of Motion of Rotation, 30. Transmission of Power by Belts and Ropes, 31. Transmission of Power by Gear Trains, 32. Work-Energy Method, 33. Forces in Space (In Vector Form), 34. Pappus—Guldinus Theorems, 35. Product of Inertia, 36. Rectangular and Cylindrical Coordinate System in Dyanamics, 37. Vibrations, 38. Forces in Space (In Vector Form) • Appendix • Index