He has 48 year of teaching experience in technical education. Presently, he is the Principal of Ramagarhia Institute of Engineering & Technology, Satnampura, Phagwara (Punjab).
About the Book
A Textbook of Machine Drawing has been prepared to meet the requirements of the students preparing for B.Sc. Engineering, B.E., B.Tech., A.M.I.E. (India), Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering and Textile Engineering, I.T.I. (Draftsman Course in Mechanical Engineering), C.T.I. and other Engineering Examinations.
This book is in First Angle Projection as recommended by Bureau of Indian Standards.
• Intended for the students of B.E./B.Tech. of different Technological Universities of India. Also useful for the students of ITI and CTI.
• Written as per the new syllabi of different universities.
• In accordance with the Bureau of Indian Standards (B.I.S.) SP: 46-1988 and IS: 696-1972.
• Simple and lucid language with systematic development of subject matter.
• More than 2500 illustrations with proper explanations.
• Numerous solved problems, questions for self-examination and problem for practice are also given.
• Model Test Papers are given at the end for practice.
Table of Content
• Introduction and Drawing Instruments • Layout of Drawing Sheet • Conventions • Lettering • Dimensioning • Scales
• Theory of Projection and Orthographic Projection • Orthographic Reading or Interpretation of Views • Identification of Surfaces • Missing Lines and Views • Sectional Views • Isometric Projections • Auxiliary Views • Freehand Sketching • Sections of Solids
• Production Drawings • Limits, Fits and Machining Symbols • Rivets and Riveted Joints • Welding • Screw Threads • Fastenings • Keys, Cotters and Joints • Shaft Couplings • Bearings • Brackets • Pulleys • Pipe Joints • Steam Engine Parts • I.C. Engine Parts • Valves • Gears • Cams • Jigs and Fixtures • Miscellaneous Drawings • Computer Aided Drafting