He is a faculty member, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Calcutta Technical School, Kolkata, under the Department of Technical Education and Training, Govt. of West Bengal. He has working experience in Garden Reach Ship Builders and Engineers Ltd. and Indian Railways. He has 28 years teaching experience under the Technical Education and Training Department, Govt. of West Bengal out of which 11 yrs. in the area of Technical Drawing, Engineering Drawing, Machine Drawing and AutoCAD. He is an AUTODESK certified professional in AutoCAD 2014. His areas of interest include Engineering Drawing, Technical Drawing, Machine Drawing, AutoCAD and Pro-E.
About the Book
The subject 'Technical Drawing' has been introduced in the 1st semester of all branches in state polytechnics under the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education with modifications as per model syllabus issued by the All India Council for Technical Education with effect from 2013-2014 session. The conventions used in this book are as per BIS-SP-46-1988. This book has been written according the new syllabus framed by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education for Diploma (Engineering & Technology) level. It covers all the features of the entire syllabus of 'Technical Drawing'.
• Sheet Layout, Drawing Instrument and Sketching • Lines and Lettering • Scale • Dimensioning • Geometrical Constructions • Conic Sections • Engineering Curves • Orthographic Projections • Projections of Points • Projections of Straight Lines • Projections of Planes • Isometric Projections • Introduction to AutoCAD
• All problems are explained in details
• Examples are given on each topic along with drawings
• All drawings are made using AutoCAD software
• Short questions and answers are given to facilitate understanding
• Exercises included on each topic