Authors : Dr S N Maheshwari, CA Sharad K Maheshwari & Dr Suneel K Maheshwari
Buy e-book online :
Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
Dr S N Maheshwari :-
He is presently Professor Emeritus & Academic Advisor, Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi. He is also the Chairman, Indian Society of Accounting and Management, New Delhi. During his long and varied career, he worked as Director General, Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies; Principal, Hindu College, University of Delhi; Professor and Dean, Faculty of Commerce and Business Management, Goa University; Director, Institute of Management Science and Productivity Research, New Delhi; Director (Academic), BLS Institute of Management, Mohan Nagar; Vice-Principal, Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi; and Principal, Staff Training College, New Bank of India, Chandigarh. Dr S N Maheshwari has more than five decades of experience in teaching students of BCom, BBA, MCom, MBA, CA, CS and CMA. He has authored around 150 books/monographs and participated in several national and international seminars.
CA Sharad K Maheshwari :-
He is a highly qualified business professional with more than 20 years of experience at senior management positions. He is an accomplished Chartered Accountant, a Cost & Management Accountant, a Company Secretary, a CPA from Australia and a CMA from USA. Mr Sharad is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Associate Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India and Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He is currently practising as a Chartered Accountant at Gurugram, Haryana. Prior to this he provided his services as General Manager, Dalmia Cement Bharat Ltd, New Delhi, General Manager: Corporate Finance, The Lalit Suri Hospitality Group, New Delhi, and also served as a Senior Executive with Schlumberger Ltd. Baker Hughes, and Bumi Armada Ltd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the three leading names in the oil field services industry. Mr Sharad has also authored more than five dozen books/monographs besides participating in several national and international seminars.
Dr Suneel K Maheshwari :-
He is a PhD in Business Administration from Florida Atlantic University, USA. He also obtained his Masters in Accountancy from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, USA. He was till recently, Professor of Accounting at Marshall University, USA. At present he is Professor of Accounting, Eberly College of Business and Information Technology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA. Dr Suneel Maheshwari has also been a management consultant to many corporate-sector giants, like Holiday Inn and TCS. His research interests include Executive Compensation, Activity-based Costing, Ethical issues and interdisciplinary applications. He has more than two decades of teaching, research and industry experience. He has also authored more than 70 books/monographs and contributed over 40 articles in refereed national and international journals, besides attending/chairing several national and international conferences.
About the Book
Over the years Advanced Accountancy has emerged as the definitive and comprehensive textbook on accountancy as it completely meets the requirements of students preparing for BCom, MCom, MBA, BBA and professional examinations conducted by different institutions, such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, the Indian Institute of Bankers, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, and the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
• Overhauled as per the Company Law 2013
• Solutions for Illustrative examples reworked in accordance with the new Company Law.
• More than 350 such illustrations
• More than 350 Objective type questions, 200 Essay types and 320 Practical problems
• Answers provided for all Practical problems
• Questions from recent examinations from renowned universities.
• Enactment of the Companies Act, 2013 and introduction of new schedules, particularly Schedule II and Schedule III concerning Depreciation and Financial Statements, respectively.
• Notification of 40 Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) by MCA for IFRS convergence in India.
• Replacement of AS 6: Depreciation Accounting with AS 10: Fixed Assets by AS 10: Property, Plant and Equipment.
• Enactment of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 and Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act 2017.
• Enactment of the Finance Act, 2017 and introduction of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
• Concept of Component Accounting in the chapter "Recent Developments in Accounting".
Table of Content
Section-1: Company Accounts
• Introductory • Shares and Share Capital • Debentures • Company Statutory Records • Company Financial Statements • Valuation of Goodwill and Shares • Acquisition of Business and Profit Prior to Incorporation • Internal Reconstruction • External Reconstruction, Amalgamation and Absorption • Company Liquidation Accounts • Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions • Accounting for Financial Instruments
Section- 2: Specific Companies Accounts
• Insurance Companies Accounts • Banking Companies Accounts • Double Account System (Including Accounts of Electricity Companies) • Holding Companies • Hotel Companies Accounts • Accounts of Government Companies and Statutory Corporations
Section-3: Management Accounting
• Management Accounting: Nature and Scope • Financial Statements: Analysis and Interpretation • Funds Flow Statement • Cash Flow Statement • Accounting for Price Level Changes • Valuation of Assets • Human Resource Accounting: Cash Flow Statement • Social Cost Benefit Analysis • Recent Developments in Accounting
I: Present Value of Rs. 1
II: Present Value of Rs. 1 Received Annually for N Years
III: Periodic Deposit Which Will Amount to Rs. 1
IV: Periodic Payment Required to Amortize Rs. 1 and Interest