She is a faculty, Department of Commerce and Management, JGI, Bangalore since 2006. She has a Post Graduate degree, with distinction from Bangalore University and an M.Phil. Her thesis for M.Phil was on Security Analysis of Vijaya Bank. Mrs. Shawar Saleem is specialized and teaches Cost Accounting and Management Accounting for both Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses. She has authored 3 books.
About the Book
The primary objective of this book - developed as a joint effort of Vikas® Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. and JGI - is to create learning materials that are reader-friendly, help the students in preparing and revising the subject with ease and provide a high level of retention for examination preparedness.
•;Unit-I: Overview of Accounting Standards in India
• Unit-II: Insurance Claims
• Unit-III: Consignment Accounts
• Unit-IV: Accounting for Joint Venture
• Unit-V: Branch Accounting
• The content has been developed using instructional design. The units are written in simple language and are provided with easily understandable headings and subheadings for quick comprehension of the subject
• Numerous worked out examples are included to ensure that the students understand the concepts and are well-prepared for examinations
• Numerous practice questions and answers at the end of each unit are provided to ensure that students are able to revise the study material with ease"