Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
DR. JAGANNATH PRASAD :- "Prof. (Dr.) Jagannath Prasad, B.Sc., M.B.B.S. (Pat), M.Sc. (Anatomy) and M.S. (Anatomy) is former Professor and Head of the Department of Anatomy, Patna Medical College, Patna University, India; Kufa College of Medicine, Kufa University, Kufa, Iraq; and College of Medical Sciences, UNIMAID, Maiduguri, Nigeria.
Dr. Prasad has guided many postgraduate students of M.S. (Anatomy), Ph.D. (Anatomy) and research scholars in the ?eld of Anatomy (Medicine and Allied Sciences) in India and abroad. At present, in India, he is the senior-most Professor of Anatomy. Professor Prasad has published many research papers and presented them at national and international conferences on Anatomy. He is a life member and former President of Anatomical Society of India and a Founder Fellow of the Anatomical Society of India."
About the Book
This book has been written by one of the most experienced and senior Professor of Anatomy who has been working continuously as Professor and HOD of Anatomy in India and abroad for 37 years (1970-1982 in India and 1982-2007 in various foreign countries). Through his vast experience, the author has written this comprehensive and clinically-oriented textbook of Anatomy and Physiology.
• RELAX boxes, which contain the summary of each part / organ to revise all the facts in a nut-shell and easy language.
• Clinical Anatomy and Physiology: After description of a part / organ, Clinical Anatomy and Physiology has been added to give a clear idea of the body in health and illness.
• Appendix, which includes review of: Vascular supply, Cranial nerves and their testing, Clinical procedures, Histological and Radiological techniques.
• Easy to understand, straight forward language complimented by more than 700 clear, colour illustrations and 200 tables."
Table of Content
Section-1: General Anatomy and Physiology
• Introduction to Anatomical Terms and Organization of Human Body • Chemistry of Life, Constituents of Food and Homeostasis • A Cell and Transport Mechanism • Tissues of the Body - A. Epithelial Tissue with Glands and Membranes - B. Connective Tissue - C. Muscular Tissue - D. Nervous Tissue • Blood • Muscle-Nerve and Muscular Contraction • Introduction to Genetics • Introduction to General Embryology and Female Reproductive Cycle,
Section-2: Systemic Anatomy and Physiology
• Musculo-Skeletal System - A. Upper Limb - B. Bones - C. Muscles - D. Head - E. Neck • Nervous System - A. General Nervous System - B. Central Nervous System (Brain and Spinal Cord) - C. Peripheral Nervous System • Sensory Organs • Cardio Vascular System (CVS) • Lymphatic System and Immunity • Respiratory System • Nutrition • Digestive System • Excretory System • The Skin • Endocrine System • Reproductive System