Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
N. Khurmi :- - R S Khurmi :-
He was born on 29 Aug 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He completed his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi. He started his career in Punjab Irrigation Department as an Engineer. After guidance from Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Dr. Khurmi came to Delhi and took up Teaching and Writing Engineering Text Books as a full time career. He had a great respect for his Guru Shri B.L. Theraja, who introduced him to S. Chand and Company. His books got a good market, not only in India but also abroad. According to the survey of UNESCO, he is the leading and No. 1 author of Engineering textbooks in Asia. He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in teaching profession always referred that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing Engineering Text Books. He was one of the founder members in Executive Committee of Afro-Asia Book Council. He conducted Author Development Workshops at many places in India and abroad.
About the Book
This book presents the concepts of Applied Mechanics in a concise, compact and lucid manner. Beginning with an introduction to the subject, this book discusses the force systems—composition of forces; resolution of a force; laws of forces, moments and their applications, parallel forces and couples, equilibrium of forces, free body diagrams, Lami's theorem and equations of static equilibrium and support reactions. Furthermore, it deals with centroid and moment of inertia and principles and applications of friction. Besides, the book describes principles of lifting machines and simple lifting machines. It also discusses kinematics of particle and rigid body, and kinetics of particle and trusses.
This book is in S.I. units and adheres to the latest trend of examinations.
Theory articles are given in a logical sequence to provide the conceptual understanding of the subject.
Lucid presentation of theorems, hypotheses, formulae and working equations.
Solved numerical examples collected from examination papers of various Indian and International universities as well as other examining bodies have been included after being graded in a systematic manner.
Unsolved numerical examples with answers have been given for practice.
Diagrams are given to support the theory and for quick understanding.
Photographs are given to correlate subject theory with practical reality.
Also included questions asked in university examinations with solutions.
This book is designed for the students of Engineering Diploma, Degree, AMIE and IETE. Besides, it would also be useful to the aspirants of Engineering Services.
Table of Content
2. Forces - Composition of Forces, Resolution of a Force, Laws of Forces
3. Moments and Their Applications (Including Varignon's Principle)
4. Parallel Forces and Couples
5. Equilibrium of Forces, Free Body Diagrams, Lami's Theorem and Equations of Static Equilibrium)
6. Support Reactions
7. Centre of Gravity and Centroid
8. Moment of Inertia
9. Principles of Friction
10. Applications of Friction (Ladder, Wedge and Screw Friction)
11. Principles of Lifting Machines
12. Simple Lifting Machines
13. Linear Motion Under Uniform Acceleration
(Equations of Rectilinear Motion)
14. Projectile Motion (Curvilinear Motion-I)
15. Motion of Rotation
16. Motion Along a Circular Path (Curvilinear Motion-II)
(Centripetal & Centrifugal Force & Acceleration)
17. Laws of Motion, Force, D Alembert's Principle, Dynamic Equilibrium, Momentum and Impulse
18. Impact Due to Collision of Elastic Bodies and Law of Conservation of Momentum
19. Work, Power, Energy and Law of Conservation of Energy
20. Analysis of Perfect Frames (Analytical Method)