Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
B R Vashishta :-
Formerly Reader, Biology Study Group, Department of Botany, Punjab University, Chandigarh and Head of Department - Botany, Multanimal Modi College, Modi Nagar.
Adarsh Kumar :- M.Sc., Ph.D., FSB, Radar in Botany, Feroze Gandhi Postgraduate College, (Kanpur University), Rae Bareli (U.P.) A K Sinha :-
Formerly Reader and Head of Department - Botany, Feroze Gandhi Postgraduate College (Kanpur University), Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh.
About the Book
It is a part of five book series on Botany for Degree Students. The revised edition of Botany for Degree Students-Bryophyta deals with a small group of primitive, thalloid plants which are amphibious in habit. The text presents latest and significant results of botanical researches in an organised, lucid and cogent manner. This book is suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
• Diagrammatic representation of the life cycle of each type giving a clear picture of the pattern of Alternation of Generations
• Discussion of salient features of the division and its classes down to the orders and the type plants and their life histories at the end of respective chapters
• Engaging chapter-end exercises to test and strengthen understanding
Table of Content
Section-I: Division Mycota
• The Fungi: General Characters and Classification • Subdivision: Myxomycotina, Class: Myxomycetes • Subdivision: Eumycotina, The Lower Fungi (Phycomycetes) • Subdivision: Eumycotina, Class: Chytridiomycetes • Subdivision: Eumycotina, Class: Plasmodiophoromycetes • Subdivision: Eumycotina, Class: Oomycetes • Subdivision: Eumycotina, Class: Zygomycetes • Subdivision: Eumycotina, The Higher Fungi • Subclass: Hemiascomycetidae (Yeasts) • Subclass: Euascomycetidae, Series —Plectomycetes • Subclass: Euascomycetidae, Series — Hymenoascomycetes • Subclass: Euascomycetidae, Sub-Series: Discomycetes • The Higher Fungi, Class: Basidiomycetes • Subclass: Heterobasidiomycetidae • Subclass: Homobasidiomycetidae • Class: Deuteromycetes (Fungi Imperfecti) • Fungi: General Topics and Discussion
Section-II: Schizomycota, Viruses and Mycoplasma
• Schizomycota: Bacteria • Viruses, Viroids and Mycoplasma
• Lichens • Principles of Plant Pathology • Examples of Important Plant Diseases • Plant Parasitic Nematodes