Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
S S Bhavikatti :-
He is Emeritus Professor, BVB College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli. He is a former Dean of NITK, Surathkal, and SDM College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad. For some time he has also been Principal, RYM Engineering College, Bellary. Prof Bhavikatti holds an ME degree in Structural Engineering from the University of Roorkee, and a PhD from IIT-Delhi.
About the Book
Building Construction covers the entire process of building construction in detail, from the stage of planning and foundation building to the finishing stages like plastering, painting, electricity supply and woodwork. Each of the basic components of a building are covered separately, including doors, windows, floors, roof, walls, partitions, as are the basic finishing works like plumbing, damp-proofing, ventilation, air conditioning and so on. Essential features of construction like acoustics, fire-resistance and earthquake-resistant design are also covered. In keeping with contemporary needs, the book also includes a chapter on the environmental impact of a building and how to make it green.
The text, presented in simple, precise and reader-friendly language, is amply supported by figures and tables. Together with its companion volume, Building Materials, the book will meet the academic requirements of degree, as well as diploma courses in civil engineering and architecture.
• Comprehensive coverage of the syllabi of various universities and engineering colleges all over India
• Covers every aspect of building construction, as per contemporary practices and latest Indian Standard recommendations
• Simple, precise explanations
• Text sufficiently illustrated by figures and tables
Table of Content
• Introduction • Building Planning • Foundations • Stone Masonry • Brick Masonry • Concrete Block Masonry and Composite Masonry • Partitions and Cavity walls • Doors, Windows and Ventilators • Lintels and Arches • Floor and Flooring • Roof • Stairs and Lifts • Plastering and Pointing • Painting and other Decorative Finishes • Cement Concrete Works • Temporary Works • Plumbing Services • Electricity Supply • Damp-proofing and waterproofing • Anti-termite Treatment • Acoustics of a Building • Fire-resistant Construction • Maintenance of Buildings • Equipment for Building Construction • Mass Housing Schemes and Cost-effective Construction Techniques • Green Buildings • Planning and Management of Construction Project