Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
S S Bhavikatti :-
He is Emeritus Professor, BVB College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli. He is a former Dean of NITK, Surathkal, and SDM College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad. For some time he has also been Principal, RYM Engineering College, Bellary. Prof Bhavikatti holds an ME degree in Structural Engineering from the University of Roorkee, and a PhD from IIT-Delhi.
About the Book
This book covers in detail the properties and uses of various building materials, including stones, bricks, tiles, timber, cement, sand, lime, mortar, concrete, glass, plastics and so on. Ferrous and non-ferrous metals, bitumen, asphalt, tar, plastics, paints and varnishes are included, as are non-traditional materials like fibre reinforced plastics and smart materials. For each material, its manufacture, properties, uses, advantages and disadvantages, and so on, are discussed. The text, presented in simple, precise and reader-friendly language, is amply supported by figures and tables. The book will meet the academic requirements of degree as well as diploma students. Relevant IS codes have also been listed for the benefit of practicing engineers.
• Comprehensive coverage of the syllabi of various universities and engineering colleges all over India
• Covers all types of building materials, from traditional to modern
• Simple, precise explanations
• Text sufficiently illustrated by figures and tables
• Relevant IS codes given at the end of each chapter
Table of Content
• Stones • Bricks • Tiles and other Ceramic Products • Timber and its Products • Lime • Cement • Pozzolanas • Mortars • Plain Concrete • Special Structural Concrete • Non-Ferrous Metals • Paints, Varnishes and Distemper • Bitumen, Asphalt and Tar • Glass • Plastics • Miscellaneous Materials