She is Assistant Professor, Department of English, Aditi Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi. She has been teaching English language and literature here for over 15 years. She has also been actively involved in creating e-Lessons for English language at the Institute of Lifelong Learning during her tenure as a Fellow at South Campus, University of Delhi.
About the Book
Effective communication is the key to success in life. We live in an era where words and gestures play an important role in effective communication. Businesses operate in various circumstances and it is paramount that the communication between different parties concerned is clear and effective and also takes into account the cultural sensitivities. This is where the concept of Business Communication comes to play.
This book, written in accordance with the syllabus of the University of Delhi, is an attempt to equip the readers with skills required to communicate effectively in a business situation. It would also be useful for the students of BCom, BBA, and MBA of other universities, and for anyone looking to learn the nitty-gritties of business communication.
• What is Communication? • Channels of Communication • Directions: Downward, Upward, Lateral and Diagonal • Effective Communication: Barriers, Solutions, Techniques and Alternatives • Media of Communication - Verbal or Oral Communication • Non-verbal Communication • Written Communication • Business Letters • Office Order • Report Writing • Letters of Enquiries and Replies • Quotation Letters • Orders • Sales Letters • Complaints/Replies to Complaints • Adjustment/Claim Letters • Collection Letters • Memorandums • Résumé Writing • Presentations • Negotiations • References, Bibliography and Research Tools • Minutes of a Meeting • Communication across Cultures • Circulars and Notices • E-correspondence
• Analysis of vital components of business communication
• Informative use of illustrations, examples, diagrams and pictures
• Inclusion of review questions and university examination questions
• New tools for business communication like, emails, teleconferencing, video conferencing, telex, fax discussed in detail