She is Associate Professor at Bharati College, University of Delhi. She has over 18 years of experience in teaching corporate laws. She completed her Masters and PhD from the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. She is also an Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Her areas of interest are Corporate Laws, Business Laws and Income Tax.
Nitika Bachhawat :-
She is a teacher and mentor in the field of CPT and IPCC training. She has successfully guided and mentored students in the subjects of Mercantile and Company Laws. She has an experience of more than 10 years.
About the Book
This book presents the subject matter tailor-made for the latest syllabus of North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) to enable its students to study the course material through a single book without having to refer to multiple sources and comprehend the subject in simple, understandable language.
• Covers the syllabus of NEHU
• Includes the highlights of the Indian Company Law, 2013
• Explains complicated provisions in easily comprehensible language with the help of illustrations and analogies
• Quotes Indian and English cases at appropriate places with a view to ensure necessary authenticity and clarity on the subject
• Includes model question papers
Table of Content
Unit-I: Contract Act, 1872
• Nature and Kinds of Contract • Offer and Acceptance • Capacity of Parties to Contract • Free Consent • Consideration • Legality of Object • Void and Voidable Agreements • Performance of a Contract • Discharge of a Contract • Remedies for Breach of a Contract • Contracts of Indemnity and Guarantee • Bailment and Pledge • Agency
Unit-II: Sale of Goods Act, 1930
• Formation of a Contract of Sale • Conditions and Warranties • Transfer of Property • Unpaid Seller
Unit-III: The Laws Relating to Industries (Salient Features of Relevant Acts)
• Workmen Compensation Act • Industrial Dispute Act • Minimum Wages Act • The Factories Act
Unit-IV: The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Unit-V: The Companies Act, 1956 and Consumer Protection Act (COPRA) 1986
• The Companies Act, 1956 • Kinds of Companies • Memorandum of Association • Articles of Associations • Prospectus • Directors • Meetings and Resolutions • Consumer Protection Act, 1986