Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
RATAN NOLAKHA :-
Presently, he is a freelance professor of business and corporate laws, and provides service as guest faculty member to a couple of institutions including the Jaipur Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Jaipur. Earlier, he was the Head of the Department of Business Administration at S.S. Jain Subodh PG College, Jaipur (now an autonomous college) where he taught the subject nearly for four decades. He has also served as the Incharge of S.S. Jain Subodh Evening College, Jaipur for a brief period of nearly three years. He has authored more than two dozen books in the areas of business and corporate laws, general management, marketing and insurance in Hindi and English for the students of CA, CS,M. Com., MBA, BBA, and B. Com. courses.
About the Book
The book Company Law and Practice explains the latest provisions of the Companies Act, 2013. It presents the rules made under the Law and the Secretarial Standards specified by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India as approved by the Central Government, in the most student-friendly way. The book covers every aspect of the Company Law, and is suitable for the students of CA, CS, MBA, MCom, BCom, BBA, LLB, and LLM.
Introduction to Company Law • Nature of Companies • Classification of Companies • Private and One Person Company • Formation and Incorporation of a Company • Memorandum of Association • Articles of Association • Prospectus • Allotment and Private Placement of Securities • Share Capital • Securities/Shares • Transfer, Nomination and Transmission of Securities • Borrowing, Debentures and Charge • Deposits, Loans, Investments, and Related Party Transactions • Membership in Company • Directors' Position, Appointment and Removal • Directors: Powers, Duties, and Liabilities • KMP and Managerial Remuneration • Independent and Small Shareholders' Directors • Company Secretary • General Principles of Meetings • Company Meetings • Meetings of Board and Its Committees • Dividend • Accounts and Audit • Majority Powers and Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement • Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation • Compromise, Arrangements, Amalgamations and Mergers • Winding Up of Company-I • Winding Up of Company-II • Company Law Administration • Other Key Provisions
• Covers ';MCA 21 Project'.
• Contains case-based illustrations to help students apply the provisions of the Company Law effectively.
• Includes the regulations of the SEBI with respect to further issue of shares, bonus shares and issue of shares under the Employees' Stock Option Scheme.
• Highlights the ';Depository System of Securities' and the key provisions of the Depositories Act.
• Describes the ';Book Building System' of issue of securities along with a brief description of the SEBI regulations governing it.
• Provides descriptive and objective type questions and practical problems with brief hints for their solution.