Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
Ashok K. Bagrial :-
He is a Reader in the Department of Commerce at Shivaji College, University of Delhi. He has four decades of teaching experience to under-graduate and post-graduate classes. His areas of specialization are Corporate, Business and Industrial Laws, besides Banking Law & Practice. He is also the author of Secretarial Practice published by Vikas.
About the Book
The book presents the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 subject-wise, and illustrates them with numerous examples to enable the reader to understand how the law works in practice. Essential background material has also been given to explain the objective and implications of various provisions of the Act. Both Indian and English cases relating to incorporated companies are cited wherever necessary and relevant passages have been quoted at appropriate places from classic English works on the subject. It also gives a brief history of the company law in India.
The book fully discusses the statutory provisions and case law. About two hundred practical problems from past examinations of various universities and professional institutes have been included in the book. Brief hints for the solutions of practical problems at the end of each chapter have been given in the Appendix. The book explains the vast and complicated subject in a simple, compact and lucid manner.
1. History and Administration of Company Law in India, 2. Definition and Nature of a Company, 3. Kinds of Companies, 4. Forming a Company, 5. Memorandum of Association, 6. Articles of Association, 7. Prospectus, 8. Shares, 9. Share Capital, 10. Members, 11. Transfer and Transmission of Shares, 12. Management of a Company, 13. Company Meetings, 14. Borrowing Powers and Debentures, 15. Accounts and Audit, 16. Dividends and Bonus Shares, 17. Majority Powers and Minority Protection, 18. Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement, 19. Investigations, 20. Compromise, Arrangement, Reconstruction and Amalgamation, 21. Winding Up, 22. Winding Up of Unregistered Companies, 23. Defunct Companies, 24. Emerging Areas in Company Law: Book Building, 25. Depository System, 26. Corporate Governance, 27. Producer Companies • Appendix
• Updates the book by incorporating the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2006
• Gives latest rules, circulars, notifications, and clarifications issued by the government
• Includes the SEBI Guidelines, 2000
• Showcases the emerging areas of the subject through four new chapters