Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
S N Sivanandam :-
He is presently Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore and till recently Head, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, PSG College of Technology. He has a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a master's degree in Power Systems and Ph.D. in Control Systems. He has over 35 years of teaching experience and research experience in the fields of Control Systems, Digital Systems, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithm, Data Mining, Modelling and Simulation, Multi-dimensional System and Knowledge-based System.
S N Deepa :-
She is Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Anna University Regional Centre, Coimbatore. She has 12 years of teaching and research experience.
About the Book
Control Systems Engineering using MATLAB provides students with a concise introduction to the basic concepts in automatic control systems and the various methods of solving its problems. Designed to comfortably cover two academic semesters, the style and form of the book makes it easily comprehensible for all engineering disciplines that have control system courses in their curricula. The solutions to the problems are programmed using MATLAB 6.0 for which the simulated results are provided. The MATLAB Control Systems Toolbox is provided in the Appendix for easy reference. The book would be useful as a textbook to undergraduate students and as quick reference for higher studies.
• Concise coverage of all major control system concepts and techniques
• Around 250 solved problems using step-wise method of solving problems
• Plenty of review questions and exercises
• Simulated results obtained for control system concepts using MATLAB 6.0
Table of Content
• Introduction to Automatic Control Systems • Mathematical Modelling of Linear Systems • Transfer Function, Block Diagram and Signal Flow Graph • Time Domain Analysis • Frequency Response Analysis • Control System Components • Routh-Hurwitz Stability Criterion • Nyquist Stability Analysis • Bode Plot • Root Locus Method • M and N Circles and Nichols Chart • Compensation Techniques • Non-linear Systems • State-space Analysis • Digital Control Systems • Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic in Control Systems