Safa Hamdare is an Assistant Professor in Computers Department at St. Francis Institute of Technology, Mumbai. She has completed her ME (Information Technology) securing 1st rank in Mumbai University and has over 6 years of experience in the field of Teaching and Academics. She is also involved in placement training on Database concepts. She has published and presented research papers at various International and National conferences and journals. Her areas of expertise are Database, Security, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Software Testing.
BHAVESH PANDYA :-
Bhavesh Pandya is an Assistant Professor in department of Information Technology at St. Francis Institute of Technology, Mumbai. He has completed his BE and ME from University of Mumbai and has more than 6 years of experience in industry and teaching. He is also involved in placement training on 5 different languages. He has published many books and have presented research papers at various International conferences. His areas of expertise are Programming languages like C, C++, Java, Data Structure, DBMS and Web Programming.
ASIM KUMAR SEN :-
Asim Kumar Sen Principal at St. Francis Institute of Technology, Mumbai. He received his Ph.D degree in IE&M from I.I.T, Kharagpur. He did his P.G.D.Ed.M from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. He has served in industry for 12 years and has 22 years of teaching experience leading institutes including N.I.T, Rourkela, and Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune. Dr. Sen has around 86 publications in National and International Journals and Conferences. He has written five books and has guided many students at M.E level, and currently guiding 4 projects at Ph.D level. He is a member (F.I.E) of I.E (India), I.S.T.E, I.E.T.E, C.S.I and Senior Member of the Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering. He is also a member of the Review panel of the Journals published by A.M.S.E, France and Editorial committee member of the (JRRT), (IJECEE) and many others.
About the Book
Written Strictly as per Mumbai University syllabus, this book provides a complete guide to the theoretical as well as the practical implementation of DBMS concepts including E-R Model, Relational Algebra, SQL queries, Integrity, Security, Database design, Transaction management ,Query processing and Procedural SQL language. This book assumes no prior knowledge of the reader on the subject.
• Introduction to Database Concepts • Entity-Relationship Data Model • Relational Model and Algebra • Structured Query Language • Integrity and Security in Database • Relational-Database Design and Normalization • Transactions Management and Concurrency • Query Processing and Optimization • Solved Questions from Previous Exams • Lab Manual of DBMS • Mumbai University Exam Papers 2008 to 2014
• Large number of application oriented problem statements and review exercises along with their solutions are provided for hands on practice.
• Includes 12 University Question paper for C.E. department (Dec '08 - May '14) with solutions to provide an overview of University Question pattern.
• Lab manual along with desired output for queries is provided as per recommendations by Mumbai University.
• All the SQL queries mentioned in the book are performed and applicable for Oracle DBMS tool.