Buy e-book online :
Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
He is Former Professor and Head, Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur and Former Vice Chancellor, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
About the Book
DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES
- Systematic stepwise presentation of the design methods in System International units.
- Latest Codes of Practise including those under final draft stage in 1989 are incorporated.
- Design Loads such as live,wind and snow play an important role in the economy and structural safety.
- Detailed illustrative examples of real life problems are solved.
- Detailing, cost economics and indepth parametric influences are explained through numerous drawings.
- The appendices give very useful information for quick design.
Table of Content
- Properties of Structural Steel
- Welding,Riveting and Bolting
- Tension Members
- Compression Members
- Simple Beams
- Plate Girders
- Beam Columns
- Gantry Girders
- Column Caps and Base Plates
- Wind Loads on Industrial Buildings
- Braced Industrial Buildings
- Unbraced Industrial Frames
- Introduction to Plastic Design
- Design of Water Tanks