He is Head of the Mathematics Department at Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, a leading engineering college of Kolkata. Earlier he taught at West Bengal University of Technology. He did his masters from Jadavpur University and has published nearly a dozen research papers on Cosmology in national and international journals of repute. He has written a large number of books on mathematics which became students' favourite because of the ease with which they explained the concepts.
Dipak Chatterjee :-
He is a renowned educationist and social worker of West Bengal, having significant contributions in mathematics and spirituality. A versatile and prolific writer he has authored many research articles and books on these subject. He is a pivotal force in the mathematics departments of many engineering colleges like the Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM), Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, and also in various research institutes.
Prasun Chatterjee :-
He is a senior scientist in Third Eye Foundation. Earlier, he taught at Barasat Government College and Seth Anandaram Jaipuria College. He is double masters; one in Applied Maths from Calcutta University and the other in Computer Science from Indian Statistical Institute. He has several research papers to his credit.
About the Book
Engineering Mathematics I has been written for the first year engineering students of WBUT. Starting with the basic notions of matrices and determinants, the entire book has been developed keeping in mind the physical interpretations of mathematical concepts, application of the notions in engineering and technology and precision through solved examples.
• In accordance with the latest WBUT syllabus
• Brief but just discussion of theory
• Techniques of solving difficult questions
• Examination-oriented approach
• Solution for a large number of technical problems
• Self-assessment model test papers
• Large number of multiple choice questions
Table of Content
• Matrix • Matrix-I: Determinants • Matrix-II • Successive Differentiation • Mean Value Theorems • Integration • Functions of Several Variables • Maxima and Minima • Line • Double and Multiple Integrals • Sequence and Series • Vector Algebra • Gradient • Divergence and Curl • Vector Integration