He is Head of the Mathematics Department at Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, a leading engineering college of Kolkata. Earlier he taught at West Bengal University of Technology. He did his masters from Jadavpur University and has published nearly a dozen research papers on Cosmology in national and international journals of repute. He has written a large number of books on mathematics which became students' favourite because of the ease with which they explained the concepts.
Dipak Chatterjee :-
He is a renowned educationist and social worker of West Bengal, having significant contributions in mathematics and spirituality. A versatile and prolific writer he has authored many research articles and books on these subject. He is a pivotal force in the mathematics departments of many engineering colleges like the Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM), Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, and also in various research institutes.
About the Book
Engineering Mathematics Volume 3B has been written for the third semester students of electrical, electronics, instrumentation, power and biomedical engineering courses. The entire book has been developed with an eye on the physical interpretations of concepts, application of the notions in engineering and technology and precision through its solved examples. Authors' long experience of teaching various grades of students has played an instrumental role towards this end. An emphasis on various techniques of solving complex problems will be of immense help to the students.
• Brief but just discussion of theory
• Examination-oriented approach
• Techniques of solving difficult questions
• Solution for a large number of technical problems
• A large number of MCQs with answers
• Model test papers with solution to enable students to tackle questions
Table of Content
• Probability Theory • Random Variable • Theoretical Distributions • Bivariate Analysis • Measures of Central Tendency • Fourier Series • Fourier Transform • Complex Variable and Analytic Function • Conformal Representation • Complex Integration • Zeros, Poles and Residues • Basic Concept of Graph Theory • Matrix Representation of Graph • Shortest Path and Tree • Cut-Sets, Planar and Dual Graphs • Network Flow
• Multiple Choice Questions with Answers
• University Questions Papers with Answers