Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
J C Aggarwal :- J C Aggarwal retired as the Deputy Director of Education/Executive Director of Delhi Bureau of Textbooks, Delhi Administration. He has authored more than 250 books on Social Science, Education and Current Affairs.
A prolific writer, his recent publications include Essentials of Educational Technology, Teacher and Education in a Developing Society, Theory and Principles of Education, Development and Planning of Modern Education, Teaching of History: A Practical Approach, Survey of Educational Documents in the World Since 1983, Educational Reforms in India, Documentation Encyclopaedia of UNESCO and Education among others.
About the Book
This 'examination-oriented' and 'student-oriented' book is primarily designed to meet examination needs of the students of BEd, BT, LT and BA (Education). Its subject matter is authentic, has all-encompassing coverage and is deeply insightful. The text has been supplemented with charts, diagrams, figures and tables to make the subject interesting and more comprehensible. Such a unique combination brings crystal clarity into the concepts and enables students to obtain maximum marks in the examination.
With a view to provide a comprehensive overview of educational psychology, readers are introduced to the lives and works of some fifty great educational psychologists. This enables the students to unlock the doors of a treasure house of information, knowledge and wisdom enshrined in the thought and practices propounded by these masterminds. The third edition adds some new thoughts and approaches.
1. Introduction to Educational Psychology, 2. Schools of Thought on Psychology and Their Contribution to Education, 3. Methods to Improve Teaching-Learning Process, 4. Needs and Problems of Children, 5. Development and Growth, 6. Heredity (Nature) and Environment (Nurture), 7. Nervous and Endocrine Systems, 8. Individual Differences (Understanding The Learner as A Person), 9. Physical and Motor Development, 10. Emotional and Social Development (Socialization), 11. Mental or Intellectual Development, 12. Language Development and Moral Development, 13. Adolescence, 14. Learning, Maturation and Learning Curve, 15. Motivation in Learning, 16. Learning (Memorizing and Remembering) and Forgetting, 17. Transfer of Learning / Training, 18. Theories of Learning and Their Educational Implications, 19. Sensation, Perception, Concept of Formation and Thinking, 20. Interest, Aptitude, Attitude and Attention, 21. Intelligence and Intelligence Tests, 22. Personality and Personality Development, 23. Theories of Personalities, 24. Personality Assessment and Measurement, 25. Exceptional Children, 26. Education for Children with Special Needs, 27. Creativity, 28. Adjustment, 29. Mental Hygiene and Mental Health, 30. Psychology of Group Behaviour and Group Dynamics, 31. Guidance and Counselling, 32. Diverse Issues, 33. Practical Work (Experiments in Psychology), 34. Inclusive Education (by Prof. Monika Davar) • Appendix: Some Useful Statistical Concepts and Techniques
New in this Edition
• Education of children with special needs
• Inclusive education
• Albert Bandura's theory of social learning
• Principles of growth and development
• Detailed discussion on Erickson's theory of 8-stages of development of a child
• Factors that affect learning
• Augmented question bank at the end of chapters that includes objective-type questions, like MCQs and Fill in the blanks
• Improved readability