He is Associate Professor, Department of Commerce, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, University of Delhi, and former Associate Professor and Head, MBA Finance, Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE. He holds MPhil and PhD degrees in Corporate Finance, and has more than 23 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, and professionals. His current area of interest and research, besides financial accounting, is investment management.
About the Book
This book presents the subject matter tailor-made for the latest syllabus of North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) to enable its students to study the course material through a single book without having to refer to multiple sources and comprehend the subject in simple, understandable language.
• Covers the syllabus of NEHU in toto
• Designed on the DIYA (Do-It-Yourself-Approach)
• Includes pedagogical elements like Review Questions, Practical Problems with Answers, True/False Questions and Illustrations
• Includes previous year's question paper
Table of Content
• Accounting Theory: An Introduction • Accounting Concepts and Conventions • Conceptual Framework of Accounting • Accounting Standards in India—IGAAP Vs IND AS (Converged IFRS) • Accounting Policies (AS 1 & IND AS 8) • Measurement of Income • Revenue Recognition • Accounting Cycle (Process) • Depreciation • Capital and Revenue Expenditures and Receipts • Financial Statements of Non-Corporate Business Entities • Financial Statements of ';Not-for-Profit' Organisations • Financial Statements from Incomplete Records • Joint Venture Accounts • Accounting of Partnership Firms-Fundamentals • Admission of a Partner • Retirement of a Partner • Death of a Partner • Accounting for Dissolution of Partnership Firms • Branch Accounts • Accounts of Consignment Transactions • Accounting for Hire-Purchase and Instalment Purchase