He is currently Manager, KPMG. An alumnus of Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), University of Delhi, he is the recipient of an award for the "Best Article on Foreign Exchange" at the all India level by ICAI, New Delhi. He has co-authored several books with Dr P C Tulsian.
CA, Dr. P C Tulsian :-
He is Head - Department of Commerce, Ramjas College, University of Delhi, is a scholar and a prolific writer. He has been conferred with the award for "Exemplary Services contributed to the cause of Profession", by the Northern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi. He has also been a visiting faculty at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi & various other Management Institutes. He has authored more than 50 Best Selling Books. His Prominent Publications include the following: Commercial Studies & Applications for Class IX & X (ICSE) • Accountancy for Class XI & XII (CBSE) • Business Studies for Class XI & XII (CBSE) • Accountancy for Class XI & XII (ISC) • Commerce for Class XI & XII (ISC) • Cost Accounting • Practical Costing • Company & Compensation Laws • Corporate Accounting • Fundamentals of Accounting for CA/ CPT • Mercantile Law for CA/ CPT • Accountancy for CA-PCC • Cost Accounting for CA-PCC • Financial Management for CA-PCC • Business & Corporate Laws for CA-PCC • Financial Accounting • Business Law • Quantitative Techniques
About the Book
1. Objective Of The Book: To Serve As A Tutor At Home
2. Nature of the Book: A Self Study Text Book
3. Coverage of the Book: Strictly As Per Syllabus
4. Quality of the Text: Standard & Authentic
5. Language of the Text: Simplest Meant To Serve Beginners
6. Presentation of the Text: Teach Yourself Style
7. Approach of the Text: To the Point
8. Paragraph of the Text: Under Suitable Heading/Sub- Heading
9. Important Formats/Formulae: Highlighted Through Eye- Catching Screens
10. Organisation Of Chapter: Uniform Fewer than Four Headings, Viz. Text Supported By Suitable Illustrations, Solved Problems
11. Over 150 Exhibits: To acquaint students with various Practical Steps.
12. Over 300 Illustrations : To aid better understanding of the Text along with necessary Working Notes and Alternative Solutions (if any).
13. Over 300 solved Practical Problems: To provide Opportunity for more Practice.
14. Over 150 Professional Examination Problems: To make the students familiar with the Examination Problems.
15. Over 250 As Problems: To enable Students to revise Important as Problems.
16. Revised Schedule VI: All Problems solved as per Revised Schedule VI.
17. Financial Instruments: Three Separate Chapters cover the Practical Applications of AS 30, AS 31, AS 32
18. Appendix: CA Final Examination Paper May 2012 (Solved)
Table of Content
Unit-1: Introduction: 1. Financial Reporting - An Introduction, Unit-2: Valuation Unit: 2a. Valuation of Goodwill, 2b. Valuation of Shares, 2c. Valuation of Tangible Fixed Assets, 2d. Valuation of Brand, 2e. Valuation of Liabilities, 2f. Valuation of Business, Unit-3: Corporate Resructuring: 3a. Corporate Restructuring [Amalgamation-I], 3b. Corporate Restructuring [Amalgamation-II] (Inter Company Holdings), 3a. Corporate Restructuring [Demerger, Sale/Purchase of Division etc.], 3a. Corporate Restructuring [Buy Back of Shares and Internal Reconstruction], Unit-4: Consolidated Financial Statements: 4a. Consolidated Financial Statement [Holding Company Accounts-I], 4b. Consolidated Financial Statement [Holding Company Accounts-II], [Chain Holding, Inter Company Holdings etc.], 4c. Consolidated Financial Statement [Associates and Joint Ventures], Unit-5: Employee Share-Based Payments: 5. Employee Share Based Payments, Unit 6: Value Added Statement: 6. Value Added Statement [Including Economic Value Added, Market Value Added & Shareholder's Shareholders Value Added], Unit-7: Human Resource Reporting: 7. Human Resource Reporting, Unit-8: Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments: 8a. Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments [Introduction], 8b. Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments [Derivative Accounting], 8c. Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments [Hedge Accounting], Unit-9: Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions Appendix CA Final Examination Paper May 2012: 9a. Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions [Mutual Funds], 9b. Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions [ Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC)], 9c. Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions [ Merchant Bankers], 9d. Financial Reporting for Financial Institutions [Stock Brokers] • Appendix: CA Final Examination Papers