Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
Punithavathy Pandian :-
She has a masters degree in Economics, Commerce and Business Administration (Investment Management), as well as a doctoral degree in the field of Industrial Economics. She has been awarded a UGC-Emeritus Fellowship and is currently working as Emeritus Professor in the School of Business Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai. She guided 12 Ph.D scholars to get their doctoral degrees in addition to 44 M.Phil scholars. She is well acknowledged for her contribution to teaching and research for more than 36 years. She has published more than 50 papers in national and international journals.
About the Book
Financial Services and Markets has been written to meet the requirements of MBA, M.Com and MFA students of various universities. Financial services and markets are becoming more complex over the years, building up or pulling down economies. These markets have now gained crucial importance in the wake of the recent economic upheaval. Today, there is a glaring need for greater synergy between the state and the market not just to endure but to emerge triumphant from the vagaries of recession.
This book has been written in a student-friendly way. It traces the origins of various financial product, explains the way in which these have evolved over the years, elaborates on the landmark changes and discusses these in the light of the contemporary scenario. This understanding of the inter-linkages and interdependence of financial services and markets is indispensable for a student or any general reader who is curious to have thorough knowledge of the intricacies of markets and their impact on a globalized world.
• Extensive coverage of financial services in the context
• Systematic presentation of concepts of financial services
• Case studies, figures and numerical problems for concepts clarity
• Tables containing updated data
• Detailed discussion on debt markets
• Thorough explanation of stock market and indices
• Comprehensive coverage of derivative products
• Lucid and student friendly presentation
Table of Content
1. An Overview of Financial Services and Markets, 2. Lease Financing, 3. Factoring and Forfaiting, 4. Securitization, 5. Venture Capital, 6. Credit Rating, 7. Credit Cards, 8. Mutual Funds, 9. Insurance, 10. Merchant Banking, 11. Money Market and Treasury Bill Markets, 12. Call Money, Cblo and Repo Markets, 13. Commercial Papers and Certificate of Deposit Markets, 14. Commercial Bill Market, 15. Government (Gilt Edged) Securities Market, 16. Corporate Debt Market, 17. Primary Market, 18. Secondary Market, 19. Options, 20. Future Markets • References • Glossary • Index