Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
DIPAK KUMAR MANDAL :-
Dipak Kumar Mandal is Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat.
NIKHIL CHANDRA CHATTERJEE :-
Nikhil Chandra Chatterjee works at Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology, Hoogly.
NIRMAL KUMAR MANNA :-
Nirmal Kumar Manna is a faculty member at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jadavpur University.
SOMNATH CHAKRABORTI :-
Somnath Chakraborti is Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology.
About the Book
Fluid mechanics is the branch of engineering science, which deals with the behaviour of fluids under the condition of rest or motion. Designed for students of various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, civil, production, aerospace and chemical, this book provides a balanced introductory knowledge of theoretical and analytical tools used in understanding the basics of fluid mechanics. The book further guides the readers in solving various practical problems pertaining to fluid mechanics.
The book will also be useful for the students appearing in various competitive examinations such as AMIE and GATE.
• Properties of Fluids • Fluid Statics • Hydrostatic Forces on Submerged Surfaces • Fluid Kinematics • Dynamics of Fluids • Flow through Pipes • Measurement of Flow • Dimensional and Model Analyses • Forces on Submerged Bodies • Boundary Layer Flows • Impact of Free Jets and Jet Propulsion • Hydraulic Turbines • Centrifugal Pumps • Reciprocating Pumps
• Equal emphasis on theoretical concepts and practical applications
• Concepts described with the help of suitable diagrams and numerical examples
• Coverage of various types of hydraulic turbines and their working principles
• Detailed coverage of boundary layer theory and fluid flow around submerged bodies
• Exhaustive discussion on the principles of centrifugal and reciprocating pumps
• Answers provided for all Numerical Problems and Multiple Choice Questions