Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
J K Sharma :-
J K Sharma, formerly a Professor at the Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, has more than 40 years of teaching experience of Operations Research, Business Statistics, Business Mathematics, Supply Chain Management, and Project Management. He was awarded the Madan Mohan Gold Medal for securing first position in MSc (Mathematics) examination. He has been a visiting Professor at Group ESSEC (A Graduate School of Management) in France during 1992-94; Amity University, Dubai campus during 2011-12; and Amity Institute of Higher Education, Mauritius during 2012-13. He has authored 25 books, which have been widely appreciated by the students of undergraduate and postgraduate classes of all the Indian universities/management institutes, and has also written more than 135 research papers/case studies. Also 21 students got Ph.D. degree under his supervision.
Dr. Sharma has served as Founder Director of G L Bajaj Institute of Management and Research, Greater Noida; Institute of Management Studies, Noida; and Maharishi Institute of Management, Noida. He is associated with several Schools of Management in different roles in the country and is also involved in conducting management development programmes for both public as well as private sector companies.
About the Book
Fundamentals of Business Statistics is intended to serve as a core textbook for undergraduate students of BBA, BCA, BCom and CA, ICWA and those who need to understand the basic concepts of business statistics and apply results directly to real-life business problems. The book also suits the requirement of students of AMIE, who need both theoretical and practical knowledge of business statistics.
The second edition has been extensively revised with the objective of enhancing and strengthening the conceptual, as well as practical knowledge of readers about various techniques of business statistics. It's easy-to-understand approach will enable readers to develop the required skills and apply statistical techniques to decision-making problems. With a completely new look and feel, this book will facilitate the teaching of business statistics techniques as well as enhance the learning experience for students.
New in this Edition
• Completely revised and reorganized text to make explanations more cogent through relevant and interesting examples.
• Large number of new business-oriented solved as well as practice problems representing the various business statistics techniques.
• Explanations well illustrated with numerous interesting and varied business-oriented examples.
• Pedagogical features like Conceptual Questions, Self-Practice Problems with Hints and Answers.
• Complete conformity to the latest trends of questions appearing in universities and professional examinations
• More than 300 solved examples
• Conceptual questions (325 in all) interspersed throughout the text
• Practice problems (more than 540) with hints and answers Benefits
• End-of-chapter pedagogical tools include: Formulae used and Concepts quiz (more than 370)
Table of Content
1. Statistics: An Overview, 2. Data Classification, Tabulation and Presentation, 3. Measures of Central Tendency, 4. Measures of Dispersion, 5. Skewness and Kurtosis, 6. Fundamentals of Probability, 7. Probability Distribution, 8. Sampling and Sampling Distributions, 9. Hypothesis Testing, 10. Correlation Analysis, 11. Regression Analysis, 12. Forecasting and Time Series Analysis, 13. Index Numbers