Authors : Amit Singhal
The book attempts to make students understand the subject with its application in the real world and not merely for the examination purposes. Though the book has been designed as per the latest CBCS curriculum of Delhi University's B.Com. (Hons.) course, it may be helpful to the students of other courses as well. Even professionals, who are not from finance background and are interested in understanding the basics of financial management, would find the book useful.
The book is based on a story where two friends identify a business opportunity when a call centre opens up in their town. They, along with their other friends, plan and steer the business towards success. The concepts in financial management have been embedded in the story in such a way that the reader would be able to relate such concepts to a real business situation.
As the text is in the form of dialogues between friends, the reader does not need a serious mood to study the subject. The book can be read anywhere like a storybook and helps the reader in understanding finance without any stress.
1. Financial Management: An Overview
2. Capital Budgeting: Estimation of Cash Flows
3. Time Value of Money
4. Capital Budgeting: Techniques of Evaluation
5. Cost of Capital
7. Capital Structure A Milestone Raghu's Cab Business: End of First Year
8. Dividend Policy
9. Working Capital Management
10. Management of Receivables, Inventory and Cash
11. Applications on a Spreadsheet
Appendix APast Question Papers (CBCS