Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
Er. R K Rajput :-
He was born on 15 September, 1944 (coincident with Engineer's Day) is a multidisciplinary engineer. He obtained his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (with Hons., Gold Medal) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. He is also a graduate engineer in Electrical Engineering. He has more than 40 years of experience in teaching different subjects of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering disciplines. He has published/ presented a large number of technical papaers. He is the author of several books on the important subjects of Mechanical as well as Electrical Engineering disciples. By dint of hard work and devotion to duty, he has earned the following awards and honours:
• Best Teacher (Academic) Award • Distinguished Author Award • Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Gold Medal for an outstanding research paper
About the Book
"Heat and Mass Transfer" is a comprehensive textbook for the students of Mechanical Engineering and a must-buy for the aspirants of different entrance examinations including GATE and UPSC.
Divided into 5 parts, the book delves into the subject beginning from Basic Concepts and goes on to discuss Heat Transfer (by Convection and Radiation) and Mass Transfer. The book also becomes useful as a question bank for students as it offers university as well as entrance exam questions with solutions
1. BASIC CONCEPTS
PART - I: HEAT TRANSFER BY "CONDUCTION"
2. "CONDUCTION" HEAT TRANSFER AT STEADY STATE- ONE DIMENSION
3. CONDUCTION HEAT TRANSFER AT STEADY STATE- TWO DIMENSIONS AND THREE DIMENSIONS
4. HEAT CONDUCTION-TRANSIENT (UNSTEADY STATE)
PART - II : HEAT TRANSFER BY "CONVECTION"
5. HEAT TRANSFER BY "FORCED CONVECTION"
6. HEAT TRANSFER BY "FREE CONVECTION"
7. BOILING AND CONDENSATION
8. HEAT EXCHANGERS
PART - III : HEAT TRANSFER BY "RADIATION"
9. HEAT TRANSFER BY RADIATION
PART - IV : MASS TRANSFER
10. MASS TRANSFER
PART - V : MISCELLANEOUS
11. INTRODUCTION TO HYDRODYNAMICS
12. DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS
13. UNIVERSITIES' EXAMINATIONS QUESTIONS (LATEST-SELECTED) WITH ANSWERS/SOLUTIONS
14. GATE AND UPSC EXAMINATIONS' QUESTIONS (LATEST-SELECTED) WITH ANSWERS/SOLUTIONS
Introductory chapter explains all basic theories of the subject followed by 11 succinctly written chapters which encompass all basic concepts.
Close to 950 examples, figures, tables and chapter-end highlights aid to the concepts explained.
Close to 750 chapter-end questions, University Questions, GATE & UPSC Examination Questions and Laboratory Experiments for practice.
Free on the Website: Chapter on "Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces"