Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
V.D. Mahajan :-
He is a renowned historian. He is noted for his contributions to the study of history. He has written several books on history which include Ancient India, Political theory, Adhunik Bharat ka Itihas, Madhyakalin Baharat, Prachin Bharat ka Itihas, and History of Modern Europe.
About the Book
The book provides a comprehensive account of the social, religious and economic conditions and policies from the Sultanate to the Mughal period in early medieval India. It details the account of the three centuries known for its Islamic influence and rule and the presence of formidable dynasties. The book provides a sound understanding of the history of the period and also evinces the learnings of mutual quarrels and internecine war.
• Over 400 long answer and more than 250 short answer type questions to strengthen understanding of the text
• More than 300 Multiple Choice Questions to test understanding
• Chronological tables for easy recapitulation of successive events
Table of Content
Part-I: Sultanate Period
• Sources of Information for Medieval India • The Rise of Islam • Arab Conquest of Sindh • India on the Eve of Muslim Conquest • Rise and Fall of the Ghaznavides • Muhammad Ghori or Muhammad of Ghur • The Slave Dynasty • The Khalji Dynasty • Mongol Invasions of India • The Tughluqs or Qaraunah Turks • The Sayyid Dynasty • The Lodi • Disintegration of the Delhi Sultanate • The Bahmani Kingdom • The Vijayanagar Empire • Administrative System of Delhi Sultanate • Architecture and Literature • Social, Religious and Economic Condition in Early Medieval India • The Bhakti Movement • Sufism in India • Impact of Muslim Conquest on India • Nature of the State in Medieval India
Part-II: Mughal Period
• India on the Eve of Babur's Invasion • Babur (1526-1530) • Humayun (1530-1556) • Sher Shah Sur and his Successors (1540-1556) • Akbar, The Great (1556-1605) • Jahangir and Noorjahan (1605-1627) • Shah Jahan (1627-1658) • Aurangzeb Alamgir (1658-I707) • Rise of the Marathas • History of Maratha Peshwa (Till 1761) • Rise and Growth of Sikh • Mughal Administration • Art and Literature in Mughal India • Social and Economic Condition in Mughal India • Religious Policy of the Mughals • Deccan Policy of the Mughals • Disintegration of the Mughal Empire • Society of Culture in the 18th Century • History and Historians of Mughal India