Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
Sharon Pande :-
She is Area Chairperson and Professor—Human Resources and Behavioural Sciences, School of Business Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai. Her area of research is career counselling. Dr Pande is an MBA with specialization in Human Resource Management and has a master's degree in psychology.
Swapnalekha Basak :-
She is an entrepreneur, a champion of social causes, a writer, teacher and mentor for young people—all rolled into one. An electrical engineer from Harcourt Butler Technological Institute (HBTI), Kanpur, she has a postgraduate diploma in Business Management from the Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad and also a certificate in counseling from the University of Oxford, U.K.
About the Book
In a constantly evolving service-led Indian economy, human resources have become the cornerstone of an organization's success. The management of human capability has become an art that has to be understood and mastered to run a successful enterprise. Human Resource Management: Text and Cases, 2e, explains the basic concepts of this discipline and presents cases that provide an insight into the challenges faced by HR professionals on a day-today basis. Going beyond the coverage of a traditional textbook, this book focuses on applied aspects of HRM, which capture the evolving challenges in the field. The authors have used their extensive real-world work experience in talent acquisition, and human resource development and retention to provide lucid explanation of all major concepts of human resource management. Replete with examples and cases, this title is a complete guide for all MBA students and HR practitioners.
• Extensive coverage of HR best practices and innovations
• Sample ʽready-to-use formatsʼ of relevant documents
• Thought-provoking chapter opening cases to set the context for learning in the text ahead
• Application cases to showcase real-world implementation of concepts
• PowerPoint slides and Question Bank for teachers
Table of Content
1. Introduction to Human Resource Management, 2. Strategic Human Resource Management, 3. Human Resource Planning and Job Analysis, 4. Recruitment, 5. Selection, 6. Induction and Socialization, 7. Employee Relations and Employment Law, 8. Compensation, 9. Compensation Administration, Benefits and Services, 10. Employee Engagement, 11 Human Resource Policies, 12 Performance Management, 13 Learning and Development, 14. Career Management, 15. Talent Management, 16. High-potential Employees