MSc, NET, PhD, working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, D.S.B. Campus, Kumaun University, Nainital. She has coauthored one edited book "Biodiversity Potential of the Himalaya". Her publications include more than 45 research papers in reputed national and international journals, 9 book chapters and more than 20 popular articles in different magazines. She has completed five research projects of UGC, UCOST, USERC and MOEn. She got young scientist award for best poster presentation in USSTC, 2008. She is recipient of Women Scientist Award in 2011. Five students completed their MSc Dissertation and two students completed PhD under her supervision. Her PhD scholar received Governor Award for best research in 2015.
About the Book
This book entitled "Inorganic Chemistry-II", is an effort to present the subject matter in a comprehensible and easily understandable form. This textbook is purposefully prepared for the postgraduate Inorganic Chemistry second semester course and it covers all the topics recommended.
• Figures, tables and equations are used at appropriate positions to explain various aspects in a simple and logical manner.
• A large number of objective questions, short answer questions and long answer questions have been added at the end of each chapter
• For the convenience of students and other readers, glossary and index have also been inserted at the end of book.
Table of Content
Chapter-1: Metal-Ligand Bonding
• Crystal Field Theory (CFT) • Ligand Field Theory (LFT) • Octahedral Complexes • Tetrahedral Complexes
Chapter-2: Reaction Mechanism of Transition Metal Complexes
• Reactions in Octahedral Complexes • Unimolecular Nucleophilic Substitution Reaction Mechanism (SN1) • Bimolecular Nucleophilic Substitution Mechanism (SN2) • Reactivity of Transition Metal Complexes • Substitution Reactions of Octahedral Complexes • Redox (Oxidation-Reduction) Reactions (Electron Transfer Reaction) • Mechanism of One Electron Transfer Reaction in Solution Phase
Chapter-3: Electronic Spectra and Magnetic Properties of Transition Metal Complexes
• Quantum Numbers • The Energy Terms or Spectroscopic Terms • Spectroscopic Ground State • Electronic Transition • Relaxation of Selection Rules • Nature of Electronic Band • Orgel Diagrams • Racah Parameters • Nephelauxetic Effect • Tanabe-Sugano Diagrams (T-S Diagrams) for Transition Metal Complexes (d1-d9 states) • Calculation of Energy Parameters (do, B, b) with the Help of Tanabe-Sugano Diagrams • Spin Free-Spin Paired Equilibrium in Octahedral Geometry (Spin Crossover) • Charge Transfer Spectra (CTS)/Redox Spectra • Magnetic Properties of Transition Metal Complexes • Anomalous Magnetic Moments • Magnetic Exchange Coupling • Types of Magnetic Phenomenon • Spectroscopic Method of Assignment of Absolute Configuration in Optically Active Metal Chelates and their Stereo chemical Information • Electronic Spectra of Lanthanides and Actinides