Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
D N Dwivedi :-
He obtained his M.Com., M.A. and Ph.D degrees from Banaras Hindu University and joined Ramjas College, University of Delhi, as a Lecturer in Economics in the year 1969. He retired from Ramjas College as Reader in August 2004. After his retirement, he joined Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies (MAIMS), Delhi, where he worked as Professor of Economics till January 2016.
About the Book
International Economics: Theory and Policy is a comprehensive, authentic and up-to-date textbook on the subject, which meets the study requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate students of international economics, international business management and those appearing for competitive examinations. The book presents the complex theories of international economics in a technically simple and comprehensible manner without sacrificing the analytical precision and sophistication of the theories. The purpose is to facilitate the students' entry into the complex subject matter of international economics.
1. Introduction to International Economics, 2. The Basis of International Trade, 3. The Classical Theory of Trade: The Theory of Comparative Advantage, 4. The Standard Theory of Comparative Cost Advantage, 5. The Law of Reciprocal Demand and Ters of Trade, 6. The Heckscher - OHLIN Theory of Trade: The Factor Endowments Theory, 7. Factor Price Equalization and Income Distribution: A Detailed Analysis, 8. Post-Heckscher-Ohlin Theories of Trade, 9. Economic Growth and International Trade, 10. Free Trade Vs Restricted Trade Policy, 11. The Economics of Tariff, 12. Non-Tariff Trade Barriers and New Protectionism, 13. Economics of Customs Union and Free Trade Areas, 14. International Trade and Economic Development, 15. Trade Problems and Trade Policy of Developing Countries, 16. Balance of Payments: Meaning, Purpose and Measurement, 17. Balance of Payments: Equilibrium and Disequilibrium, 18. Foreign Exchange Market, 19. Exchange Rate Determination, 20. The Exchange Rate Policy: Fixed Vs Flexible Exchange Rates, 21. Balance-of-Payments Adjustment: An Overview, 22. The Price Mechanism of Automatic BOP Adjustment, 23. Income Adjustment Mechanism of BOP Adjustment, 24. Monetary Approach to BOP Adjustment, 25. Balance of Payments Adjustment Policy: The Expenditure-Changing Approach, 26. The Expenditure - Switching Policy of BOP Adjustment and Direct Controls, 27. International Monetary System, 28. The World Bank, 29. European Monetary System and European Monetary Union, 30. International Trade Organizations, 31. Regional Trade Agreements, 32. India's Foreign Trade, 33. India's Balance of Payments
• Covers the undergraduate and postgraduate syllabuses of international economics
• Technically simple and comprehensible presentation of complex theories
• Non-mathematical treatment of theoretical aspects
• Extensive use of graphical technique as an analytical tool
• Standard analytical models used to present complex trade theories
• Real examples of foreign trade problems used to introduce a topic
• Covers India's foreign trade and balance of payment