Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
He is professor of marketing at Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey - ITESM) in Mexico City. Fellow of the Royal Society for Encouragement of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce, London, he is also associated with many national and international organizations of repute in various capacities. He teaches Competitor Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Advance Selling Systems, International Marketing, Services Marketing, New Product Development and other subjects of contemporary interest to the students of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programmes. Dr Rajagopal holds masters and doctoral degrees in Economics and Marketing respectively from Ravishankar University in India. His specialization is in the fields of Marketing Management, Rural Economic Linkages and Development Economics. He has to his credit 25 books on marketing and rural development themes and over 300 research contributions that include published research papers in national and international refereed journals. He has imparted training to senior executives and has conducted over 50 management development programmes. His research contributions have been recognized by the Government of Mexico.
About the Book
The book caters to undergraduate and graduate students in management schools in India and most Asian and Latin American universities for core or elective paper and will also prove useful to them as practising managers since it develops new concepts derived from managerial applications discussed in the cases.
It presents marketing strategies with a cross-functional approach to global business operations and is unshackled by the traditional views of competition and marketing. Amidst conceptual discussions it illustrates management situations, is application-oriented and focused on learning through experience. It integrates major marketing paradigms and frameworks underpinning the associated managerial applications. Discussions are designed to arouse curiosity in global marketing functions acclimatizing the reader for increasingly competitive environment to become an effective manager. Additional managerial discussions are laid out in "Focus on International Marketing" boxes. Learning Activities to be carried out in groups have been listed at the end of each chapter along with those aimed at the instructor.
• Short and contemporary contextual examples from business houses
• Focus on the strategy employed in various marketing situations to enhance contextual knowledge and arouse interest in the subject
• Comprehensive cases at the end of chapters in order to enhance application skills
• A contemporary commentary on political thinking on the globalization issues
• An exclusive website (http://www.vikaspublishing.com international marketing) carrying additional learning tools in the form of chapter-wise PowerPoint presentations
Table of Content
1. Globalization: Thoughts and Process, 2. Global Marketplace: Environment and Management, 3. International Monetary System, 4. International Economic Environment, 5. Cultural Environment, 6. Political and Legal Environment, 7. Product Strategy, 8. International Pricing, 9. International Distribution, 10. International Promotion Strategies, 11. International Sales Management, 12. Export Management, 13. International Marketing Research, 14. International Trade and India, 15. Modes of Entry into International Markets, 16. International Trade in Emerging Markets: Asia and Latin America • Name Index • Subject Index