Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
NIKHIL RANJAN ROY :-
He retired as Professor and Head of the Department of Physics, Ranchi University, Ranchi. His teaching experience spans 40 years during which he taught undergraduate and postgraduate students and successfully guided PhD aspirants. Post his retirement he engages himself by guiding MSc (Physics) students to prepare for NET, GATE and SLET examinations. He is also actively involved in writing books.
About the Book
The subject of quantum mechanics has grown tremendously during the last century and revealed many hidden secrets of nature. It has enabled mankind move towards understanding the nature of matter and radiation. However, for the students its concepts have remained a problem to understand. Having deeply observed this situation and having himself experienced it, the author has presented the subject in the style of classroom teaching that reveals its marvels and the wide scope it offers.
The book focuses on the evolution of the subject, the underlying ideas, the concepts, the laws and the mathematical apparatus for the formulation of the subject in a systematic and comprehensible manner. Each chapter is followed by a number of solved examples and problems, which are chosen so as to serve as guidelines in the application of the basic principles of quantum mechanics and to assist in solving more complex problems.
• Origin of Quantum Physics
• Mathematical Preliminaries
• Postulational Foundation of Quantum
• Wave Mechanics of Schrodinger
• One-dimensional Problems
• Linear Harmonic Oscillator Problems
• Three-dimensional Problems: Spherically Symmetric Potentials
• Angular Momentum in Quantum Mechanics
• Dirac's Formulation of Quantum Mechanics: Dirac's Bra Ket Notation
• Written to develop passion for quantum mechanics; thus makes this tough subject look simple
• Showcases the marvels and scope of quantum mechanics
• Meets the syllabi requirements of all undergraduate courses