Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
K.B. Akhilesh :-
Professor, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, has taught HRM, OB and Technology Management. His research and academic interests lie in the development of HR skills, IT and manufacturing. As a student he has been a top ranker and was awarded gold medal for the best PhD thesis in the Faculty of Engineering, IISc. He has lectured at many universities and organizations in USA, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Belgium and Sweden; and offers a Knowledge Management course annually in Germany. As a consultant and trainer Prof Akhilesh has guided global giants like Daimler-Chrysler, Airbus Industries, World Bank, BSNL, DRDO, Siemens, ABB, HMT, BEL, HAL, WIPRO. He has helped senior managers hone their managerial skills through more than 1,000 management development programs. He has authored 7 books and published over 100 papers in refereed journals internationally.
S. Balasubrahmanyam :-
A mechanical engineer and an MBA also holds a doctorate in Strategic Management from IISc, Bangalore. He has taught Quantitative Methods, Operations Research, Managerial Economics, Strategic Management, Project Management, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, Sales & Distribution Management to MBA students. He has a rich blend of experience in academics as well as industry. So whereas he has taught at various B-schools and Sri Padmavathi Mahila University, Tirupati, he has also headed the marketing wing of W & D Micro-Mica Pvt Ltd. During his doctoral work he interacted with nearly 100 CEOs / COOs of top multinational companies, like ABB, Infosys, Mphasis, Ashok Leyland, and Godrej & Boyce. He has presented and published research papers in national and international conferences and journals.
About the Book
The book provides quantitative tools to tackle real-life problems of the corporate world. It has been designed to prepare MBA students to take a straight plunge into the streams of Mathematics, Statistics and Operations Research for business purposes. It covers the fundamentals of these streams, and perhaps a textbook with the largest number of fully-solved case studies from diverse areas of management, like marketing, finance, HR and operations in a single volume.
• Designed to be a self-study book for all levels of readers, with or without mathematical background
• A three-in-one textbook that covers Mathematics, Statistics and Operations Research for business
• Contains around 650 fully solved examples, 600 exercise problems with answers and hints
• Contains more than 40 fully solved case studies
• Appendix provides supporting literature not directly covered by MBA curriculum
• Solutions to problems and case studies from various university question papers
• Strongly application-oriented
Table of Content
1. Set Theory and its Applications, 2. Time Value of Money, 3. Functions, 4. Progressions, 5. Matrices, Determinants and Applications, 6. Limits and Continuity of Functions, 7. Derivatives and Applications, 8. Partial Derivatives and Applications, 9. Maxima and Minima of Functions, 10. Integral Calculus and Applications, 11. Linear Programming and its Variants, 12. Non-linear Programming, 13. Dynamic Programming, 14. Game Theory, 15. Simulation, 16. Probability and Expected Value, 17. Theoretical Distributions, 18. Sampling and Sample Designs, 19. Data Analysis and Interpretation-I (Descriptive Statistics), 20. Data Analysis and Interpretation-II (Inferential Statistics), 21. Decision Theory, 22. Job Sequencing, 23. PERT and CPM • Appendix-A: Supplementary Topics and Miscellaneous Case Studies • Appendix-B: Mathematical Tables • Appendix-C: Statistical Tables • Appendix-D: Select Bibliography