Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
J S Mehta :-
He obtained his B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) from BCET, Gurdaspur and M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) from NIT Kurukshetra. He is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh. He is over 10 years of teaching experience and published many research papers in various national/international conferences.
A S Kailey :-
He received his B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) and M.Tech. (Production Engineering) from GNDEC, Ludhiana. He is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Baba Banda Sahib Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab. He is more than eleven years of experience in teaching and is a life member of ISTE.
About the Book
Written specifically for the students of Mechanical Engineering, "Mechanical Vibrations" is a succinctly written textbook. Without being verbose, the textbook delves into all concepts related to the subject and deals with them in a laconic manner. Concepts such as Freedom Systems, Vibration Measurement and Transient Vibrations have been treated well for the student to get profounder knowledge in the subject.
• A new chapter on "Basics of Sound and Noise" has been added which will be helpful to understand sound intensity, pressure and power besides also providing an in-depth understanding of sound and noise strategy and control.
• Concepts such as Natural Frequency, Damping Ratio, Logarithmic Decrement, Lagrange's Equations and Laplace Transformation among others have been applied in various in-text examples to accentuate the topic at hand and also provide the learners with practice to further their understanding.
• Learning Objectives, aptly placed figures and examples (close to 500) and chapter-end questions (close to 300) embellish the process of understanding of each concept of the text.
Table of Content
• Concepts and Terminology
• Undamped Free Vibrations of Single Degree of Freedom Systems
• Damped Free Vibrations of Single Degree of Freedom Systems
• Forced Vibrations of Single Degree of Freedom System
• Two Degree of Freedom Systems
• Multi Degree of Freedom Systems
• Continuous Systems
• Whirling of Shafts
• Vibration Measurement
• Transient Vibrations
• Basics of Sound and Noise