Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
S. Kalavathy :-
She is Dean of the Department of Science and Humanities, K Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Samayapuram, Trichy. She is PhD from Dr MGR educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai, in the field of Image Processing. She specializes in the fields of Operations Research and Applied Mathematics and has a teaching experience of around 3 decades. During this long career, she has taught engineering mathematics for various disciplines in UG and PG courses, including MBA and MCA. She is a life member of the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). She has published papers in several reputed international journals and presented papers in refereed national and international conferences.
About the Book
Operations Research is the discipline of applying advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions. It helps the management to achieve its goals by using scientific techniques, making the study and understanding of operations research even more important in the present-day scenario. This book has been written with the objective of providing students with a comprehensive textbook on the subject. It follows a simple algorithmic approach to explain each concept, often giving different steps. This approach stems from the author's experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of Madras University and Anna University, Chennai, over many years.
One of the highlights of this book is the solved-problems approach, as each chapter in the book is substantiated by a large number of solved problems. Many of the questions that have been incorporated are from previous examination papers of various universities. In addition, each chapter has numerous exercise problems at the end and a section on short questions with answers.
New in this Edition
• Thoroughly revised and updated
• New chapter ';Non-Linear Programming Problem' to cover the Anna University syllabus for ME and MBA
• Inclusion of another method - the Stepping Stone Method - which can solve the problem of degeneracy in the transportation problem
• Simple and concise presentation of fundamentals
• Solved problems from university questions papers
• Step-by-step explanations and solutions to problems
• Large number of solved examples interwoven throughout the text to reinforce the concepts
Table of Content
1. Basics of Operations Research, 2. Linear Programming, 3. Graphical Method, 4. Simplex Method, 5. Artificial Variables Technique, 6. Duality in Linear Programming, 7. Revised Simplex Method, 8. Transportation Problem, 9. Transhipment and Assignment Problems, 10. Goal Programming, 11. Integer Programming Problems, 12. Markov Processes and Markov Chains, 13. Dynamic Programming, 14. Sequencing Problems, 15. Network Scheduling by PERT/CPM, 16. Inventory Control, 17. Replacement Models, 18. Queuing Theory, 19. Game Theory, 20. Simulation, 21. Decision Theory, 22. Non-Linear Programming Problem