• The book starts with an introduction to basic knowledge of instruments which deals with principle, working, uses, limitations and precautions of about ten instruments.Basic Knowledge of precaution of;Culture Media for Bacterial Growth, Plant Tissue Culture and Standard Solutions has been given in simple and easy-to-follow language.
• The biotechnology exercises such as Plasmid and DNA isolation, DNA size determination, Restriction digestion, PCR, Gus gene assay, RFLP, RAPD, Isolation of bacteria by streak and Pour plate method, Growth characteristics of E.Coli by Plating and Turbidimetric method and the plant tissues culture exercises such as Cell suspension culture, Androgenesis, Somatic embryogenesis, Preparation of plantlet to greenhouse field, have been given in a student friendly manner.
• Matter for Viva-voce has also been included.
Table of Content
1. Principle, Working and Uses of Instruments, 2. Preparation of Culture Media,
3. Preparation of Standard Solution, 4. Isolation of Bacteria by Streak Plate Method,
5. Isolation of Bacteria by Pour Plate Method, 6. Determine the Growth Characteristics of E.coli using Plating Technique, 7. Growth Characteristics of E.coli using Turbidimetric Method, 8. Isolation of Plasmid from E.coil by Alkali Lysis Method and to Analyze Plasmid DNA by Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, 9. Isolation of Bacterial Genomic DNA from E.coli or Serratia Marsences, 10. Determine the DNA Molecular Size, 11. Purification of DNA from Agarose Gel using Silica, 12. Perform Bacteriophage Titration, 13. Perform Restriction Digestion of DNA with Enzyme viz. Eco RI and Hind III and to Analyze the Restriction Pattern by Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, 14. Perform Transformation of the given Bacterial Population, 15. DNA Amplification by Polymerase Chain Reaction, 16. Preparation of Plant Tissues Culture Media and Explant & its Sterilization, 17. Isolate Protoplast from the Plant Tissue, 18. Viability Testing of Protoplast, 19. Demonstration of Protoplast Fusion using Polyethylene Glycol, 20. Demonstration of Callus Culture Technique, 21. Initiation of Callus from Radical Tip of Phaseolus Vulgaris, 22. Demonstration of Cell Suspension Culture, 23. Demonstration of Androgenesis is Datura, 24. Demonstration of Somatic Embryogenesis, 25. Demonstration of Organogenesis, 26. Estimation of Growth Index, 27. Preparation of Artificial Seeds, 28. Transfer of Planets to Green House Condition/ Field, 29. Isolation of Genomic DNA from Plant Cells, 30. Isolation of Agrobacterium sps. from Soil & Study of Growth haracteristics, 31. Isolation of Agro Bacterium sps. from Crown Gall, 32. Demonstration of b-glucuronidase (gus) activity by Histrochemical Assay, 33. Demonstration of DNA Polymorphism through Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP) of different Crop Varieties, 34. Demonstration of DNA Polymorphism through Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) • Viva Voce • References • Index