Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
Partho S. Sengupta :-
He is an alumnus of St. Stephen's college and he has also specialized in Behavioural Sciences from XLRI (Jamshedpur). He is currently a Professor at the School of Management, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar (Orissa). He is a Master Neuro Linguistic Programmer (NLP; Richard Bandler School) and a Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE). He is closely associated with the Gandhi Labour Foundation in Puri. He has over 35 years of experience in the corporate, consultancy and academic sectors. He has successfully worked in ADB-funded power sector projects in Bangladesh and Bhutan. He had been part of the ';Institutional Strengthening Project' (ISP) of OSEB (Orissa State Electricity Board) in Orissa, which was funded by World Bank and DFID (Department for International Development; UK).
About the Book
The principal difference that this book would make to any literate young mind above 17 is its non-textbook flavour. Once the young reader discovers the uniqueness of the book, an exhilarating journey would begin. The book begins by highlighting the challenges that an individual has to face to be successful in life. The emphasis then shifts to the bottlenecks that need to be overcome for a better change. The underlying theme that is evident throughout the book is that although enervating, the challenges we face are unavoidable as smooth seas skilful sailors do not make. The book successfully converts what the students have to study into a flexible curriculum. The chapters reverberate with lateral thinking infused with ideas on the skills and values that they will have to gather in order to shape the 21st century. This book is innovative and works as a platform between intersecting ideas, and helps the youth to toil towards a better change syndrome. The book exudes a set of distinctive styles that effectively connects with the potential energy of young Indians. The greatest managers of any society are parents and teachers. The book's approach connects with all mobile human talent to understand the emerging trends and commit ourselves to a better and positively more beautiful place to live in with grace and dignity.
• The book's learning genre encourages a questioning mode within the reader.
• The book's topical and pragmatic approach helps the reader understand the emerging trends better.
• Questions or Exercises for self-assessment.
• Figures, tables and pictures have been extensively used for clarity in understanding.
Table of Content
1. Who Are You, 2. Development of Management Thought, 3. Fundamentals of Business Principles-A Pictorial Representation, 4. Business Policy-The New Indian Managers in the Borderless World, 5. Individual Strategic Implementation Process, 6. Organization-I, 7. Organization-II, 8. Planning and Decision Making, 9. Directing, 10. Communication, 11. Control and Coordination, 12. Leadership-The Change Agent of 21st Century India, 13. Motivation, 14. Performance Planning Systems and Appraisal Methodology, 15. Training and Development, 16. The War-Imitators vs Innovators, 17. Providing Urban Amenities to Rural Areas (PURA)-A Case Study, 18. Sample Questions