Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
Bhavesh Patel :-
A Senior Fulbright Research Scholar, has close to four decades of experience in teaching, research, executive training and consulting. He was Professor of Finance, XLRI, Jamshedpur, from 1985 to 2000, when he shifted to the USA, where he was visiting faculty at the California State University, Cleveland State University and Virginia State University. He was Associate Professor and Business Division Chair at Myers University for seven years, before returning to India to join as Director, School of Petroleum Management (SPM), PDPU. Currently, he is Director, Post Graduate Institute of Management, and Dean, Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSoM), Ahmedabad University. Prof. Patel has earlier published four books, as well as several research papers and articles. He is the Managing Editor of three US-based refereed journals, and is associated with several others in the US, UK and India as Member, Editorial Board. Under the aegis of the International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE), he organizes academic conferences every year in the US, and outside the US since 2003.
About the Book
In today's competitive world, the importance of project management can hardly be understated. Project Management: Financial Evaluation with Strategic Planning, Networking and Control is an attempt in the direction of addressing all the issues related to Project Management. Strategic considerations, recognition of the human factor and need for administrative set-up are interwoven in this book while developing the main theme of the financial side of Project Management.
This book is a revised edition of the earlier book—Project Management: Strategic Financial Planning, Evaluation and Control and aims to provide a more comprehensive approach to the topic.
• Strategy, human aspect, administrative issues and systems approach are integrated in a single thread, while maintaining conceptual clarity and simplicity
• Enriched with more examples and real cases as well as enhanced diagrammatic explanations
• Use of spreadsheet is extensively explained in chapters where it is most applicable
• A continuous case, corresponding to the theme in each chapter, is used in the exercises for better understanding
• References, footnotes, web links added to give readers access to additional material for further reading
New in this Edition
• New chapters like ';Infrastructure Projects' and ';Project Financing' have been added
• Chapters like ';Economic and Social Cost Benefit' and ';Network Analysis and Execution Plan' have been enriched with additional material
• New material has been added on components of interest rates; and the concepts of cost of capital and required rate of return are built on it
• Chapterization scheme has been revised in line with the phases of project life cycle
Table of Content
Section-I: Fundamental Topics: 1. Project Management and Corporate Planning, 2. Corporate Financial Objective, 3. Time Value of Money, 4. Interest Rate and Basics of Cost of Capital, 5. Cost of Capital, Section-II: Concept Stage: 6. Strategic Investment Decisions and Project Ideas, 7. Project Feasibility Study (Market, Technical and Financial Feasibility), 8. Project Financing, Section-III: Analysis Stage I: 9. Cost-Benefit Analysis (Cash Flow Projections), 10. Financial Analysis (Capital Budgeting Evaluation Techniques), 11. Critical Examination of Evaluation Techniques, 12. Required Rate of Return From Projects (Hurdle Rate) 13. Economic and Social Cost-Benefit Analysis (With Environmental Appraisal), Section-IV: Analysis Stage II (Risk Mitigation): 14. A Framework of Project Risk Management, 15. Project Risk Analysis, 16. Project Portfolio Risk, Section-V: Planning, Execution and Completion Stage: 17. Allocation of Limited Capital (Capital Rationing), 18. Network Analysis and Execution Plan (With Administrative Aspects), 19. Project Execution and Control, 20. Post-Completion Audit (PCA), Section-VI: Special Topics: 21. Inflation and Project Investment: 22. Economic Life of Projects and Replacement Policy, 23. Infrastructure Projects, 24. International Capital Budgeting • Financial Tables • Index