Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
Dr Deepak Chawla :-
He is Distinguished Professor, Dean (Research & Fellow Programme) at the International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi, where he has been a professor since 1991. He was earlier Dean (Academic), Dean (Research), Programme Director for various postgraduate programmes and the Registrar of IMI. A Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), he holds a Bachelors and Masters degree in statistics from the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. He has over three decades of teaching, research and consulting experience in the areas of quantitative methods in business, marketing research, forecasting and financial econometrics. He has been a consultant to the School of Management Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi; a senior faculty member at the University of Calabar, Nigeria; a faculty member at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon; and a member of the research team at IIM Ahmedabad. He has worked on numerous research and consulting projects in India and abroad and has extensively published papers both in national and international refereed journals. He has also conducted executive development programmes for private and public sector enterprises in India and abroad. Dr Chawla is the recipient of the Best Teacher Award from IMI, as well as the Distinguished Educator Award from Discovery Education. He has guided a number of PhD students.
Dr Neena Sondhi :-
She is Professor at the International Management Institute, New Delhi. A doctorate from the University of Delhi, she has over twenty years of experience in teaching, research and consulting. She has been trained in the case method of teaching and writing at the Harvard Business School and is also a certified evaluator of social programs by ISB-UNICEF. She is a qualified PhD guide and mentor and also serves as examiner and expert across reputed doctoral programs. Her published research is in the area of quality of working life, work-life balance, consumer and retail research, social marketing and advanced multivariate analysis. Her current research is in the area of sports marketing and luxury products and services. Besides academics and research, she also undertakes faculty development programs in research methodology and management research—both quantitative and qualitative research techniques. She conducts management programs (both—open and in-company) in Marketing Research, Marketing Communication and Negotiation Skills, Consumer Behavior and Customer Care. Dr Sondhi was awarded the "best teacher in marketing management" award in October 2013 by the Dainik Bhaskar and Dewang Mehta Foundation.
About the Book
The second edition of the book Research Methodology: Concepts and Cases provides an updated, comprehensive, and stepwise understanding of the research processes with a balanced blend of theory, techniques and illustrations from a wide cross-section of businesses in India. This book makes no presumptions and can be used with confidence and conviction by both students and experienced managers. The conceptual base has been provided in a comprehensive, yet simplistic way, addressing even the minutest explanations required by the reader. Every chapter is profusely illustrated with business problems related to all domains—marketing, finance, human resource, and operations.
• Coverage of all topics taught in Indian universities and business schools
• 49 real-life cases researched from all domains of business management
• Explicit instructions on usage of SPSS for data analysis
• Thorough and simplified explanation of the research processes
• Three comprehensive cases
New in this Edition
• Number of cases augmented from 35 to 49
• Substantial revision and updating of several chapters
• A chapter, Conjoint Analysis, added
• A new topic, Online Research: New Age Techniques, added
Table of Content
• Introduction to Business Research • Formulation of the Research Problem and Development of the Research Hypothesis • Research Designs: Exploratory and Descriptive • Experimental Research Designs • Secondary Data Collection Methods • Qualitative Methods of Data Collection • Attitude Measurement and Scaling • Questionnaire Designing • Sampling Considerations • Data Processing • Univariate and Bivariate Analysis of Data • Testing of Hypotheses • Analysis of Variance Techniques • Non-Parametric Tests • Correlation and Regression Analysis • Factor Analysis • Discriminant Analysis • Cluster Analysis • Multidimensional Scaling and Perceptual Mapping • Conjoint Analysis • Report Writing and Presentation of Result