He has over 35 years experience of teaching chemistry at different levels. He has done extensive research work in the areas of adsorption, catalysis and surface chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi. He has to his credit 15 research papers in the areas of adsorption, catalysis, polymers and superconductivity published in different national and international journals. He started his teaching career at Government Postgraduate College, Gurgaon. He has held positions of Head of the Chemistry Department, Government Postgraduate College, Faridabad and Principal, Government College, Panchkula and Tigaon (Faridabad). He is a recipient of UNESCO and Swedish Institute Fellowships and has authored a number of books on Chemistry and Environmental Education.
G D Tuli :-
MSc, PhD and formely Pricipal of Shyam Lal Collage, Delhi University, Delhi.
About the Book
• For B.Sc. Part I,II & III Classes of all Indian Universities and also covering U.G.C. model curriculum.
• Authenticate, simple, to the point and modern account of each and every topic.
• Relevant, clear, well labelled diagrams.
• Easy to understand treatment of most difficult and intricate topic.
• Questions from university papers of various Indian Universities have been included in the text.
Table of Content
• Atomic Structure • Ionic Bond • Covalent Bond-I • Covalent Bond-II • Periodic Classification of Elements • Acids and Bases • Metallurgies • General Characteristics of s-and p-Block Elements and their Compounds • Nuclear Chemistry • Compounds of Boron and Silicon • Oxides and Oxy-acids of Nitrogen and Phosphorus • Oxides and Oxy-acids of Sulphur • Oxides and Oxy-acids of Chlorine • Some More Compounds of Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Halogens • Organometallic Compounds • Some More Organometallic Compounds and π-Acid Complexes • The d-Block Elements (Transition Metals) • Some Important Compounds of Transition Elements • The f-Block Elements (Lanthanides and Actinides) • Noble Gases • Coordination Compounds • Spectral Properties of Compounds • Oxidation and Reduction (Including Latimer Frost Diagrams) • Chemical Industries • Environmental Chemistry • Non-aqueous Solvents • Qualitative Inorganic Analysis • Quantitative Analysis • Inorganic Polymers • Role of Organic and Inorganic Reagents in Inorganic Analysis • Bioinorganic Chemistry • Evaluation of Analytical Data • Volumetric Analysis • Gravimetric Analysis