Save 25%, Apply coupon code 46851818FD52 during checkout
About the Author
RAMENDRA SINGH :-
He is Assistant Professor (Marketing) at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He is PhD from IIM Ahmedabad, B.Tech from IIT-BHU, and MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur. He has extensively worked in the industry in sales and marketing responsibilities in organizations such as Indian Oil Corporation, ExxonMobil, SRF Limited, and ICICI Bank. At IIM Calcutta, he teaches Marketing to Bottom of Pyramid, and consults to organizations such as Oil India Limited, Tata Metaliks, and UNFPA. He has published his work in reputed international journals such as, Marketing Theory, Journal of Business Ethics, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Industrial Marketing Management, and Journal of Information Technology.
About the Book
The primary aim of the book is to provide students of management with a firm foundation for understanding all the main components of sales and distribution management. The book has a practical orientation, as it written by author who has worked as practicing manager mostly in sales and distribution. The book, therefore, is a useful resource to practicing professionals in industry, training and consultancy.
• Coverage of all the topics that a sales/distribution manager needs to know in order to carry out his/her job effectively
• The book has also an online simulation called ';Retail' ,which mimics the Indian distribution challenges in general trade as well as modern trade and has been explain in the simulation section
• Contains more than 50 classroom-tested cases from Indian as also international business organizations
• Provides chapter-end quiz questions and project assignment and worksheets
• Includes examples and boxed exhibits in key areas of sales and distribution management
Table of Content
• An Introduction to Sales and Distribution Channel Management • Personal Selling • Sales Organization • Sales Technology • Sales Territory and Time Management • Sales Force Recruitment and Training • Sales Force Motivation and Compensation • Sales Force Productivity and Performance • Selling Ethics • Sales-Marketing Interfaces • Distribution Channel Design • Distribution Channel Power and Relationships • Trade Loyalty Programmes • Channel Economics • Retailing