Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
N D V Prasada Rao :- "Dr. N. D. V. Prasada Rao was born on 27-2-1937 at Vetapalem (Prakasam district),Andhra Pradesh. He did M.A. (English literature) - Andhra University - 1958, Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English - CIEFL, Hyderabad - 1966 and Ph.D. on (Henry James’s fiction) - Andhra University - 1986. He taught English in various government degree colleges (in the Andhra Pradesh Educational service)” for 37 years (from 1958 to 1995), worked as Lecturer in English for 6 years, Head of the Dept. of English for 19 years and principal for 12 years and retired in February 1995.
His prominent publications with S. Chand & Co.:
* A Practical English Course for College students (First published in 1969),prescribed as a grammar textbook for the Intermediate Course by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh for nine years.
* Chand Communicative Grammar & Composition -Books 1to 6 (First published in 1987)
* Learners’ English Grammar and Composition (First published in 1990, widely used at secondary and tertiary levels.) Books 1to 6
* A Communicative Course in English Books 1 to 5 and Workbooks 1 to 5 (First published in 2002)
* S. Chand student’s Companion Books 1 and 2 (First published in 2005)
He has revised Wren & Martin’s High School English Grammar & Composition (First revised edition, 1973). Also revised P.C.Wren’s Grammar Series for Children (2005)."
About the Book
The aim of this series is to help young learners of English to expand their vocabulary, improve their grammar and attain communicative competence in the language. They are intended for the students at the secondary and higher secondary levels. It is comprehensive enough in scope to prove to be useful not only to students for whom it is primarily intended but to all those who wish to increase their proficiency in English. The multi-colour illustrations, by and large, make learning enjoyable.