Save 25%, Apply coupon code SCHAND25 during checkout
About the Author
Bikas Chandra Bhui :-
He is Head of the Mathematics Department at Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, a leading engineering college of Kolkata. Earlier he taught at West Bengal University of Technology. He did his masters from Jadavpur University and has published nearly a dozen research papers on Cosmology in national and international journals of repute. He has written a large number of books on mathematics which became students' favourite because of the ease with which they explained the concepts.
Dipak Chatterjee :-
He is a renowned educationist and social worker of West Bengal, having significant contributions in mathematics and spirituality. A versatile and prolific writer he has authored many research articles and books on these subject. He is a pivotal force in the mathematics departments of many engineering colleges like the Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM), Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, and also in various research institutes.
Prasun Chatterjee :-
He is a senior scientist in Third Eye Foundation. Earlier, he taught at Barasat Government College and Seth Anandaram Jaipuria College. He is double masters; one in Applied Maths from Calcutta University and the other in Computer Science from Indian Statistical Institute. He has several research papers to his credit.
About the Book
Engineering Mathematics Volume 1 has been written for the first year Engineering students. Starting with the basic notions of set theory and on introduction to symbolism in modern mathematics the entire book has been developed with an eye on the physical interpretations of concepts, application of the notions in engineering and technology and precision through its solved examples. Authors' long experience of teaching various grades of students has played an instrumental role towards this end. An emphasis on various techniques of solving difficult problems would be of immense help to the students.
1. Matrix, 2. Matrix-I: Determinants, 3. Matrix-II, 4. Successive Differentiation, 5. Mean Value Theorems, 6. Integration, 7. Functions of Several Variables, 8. Maxima and Minima, 9. Line, 10. Double and Multiple Integrals, 11. Sequence and Series, 12. Vector Algebra, 13. Gradient, 14. Divergence and Curl, 15. Vector Integration
• Brief but just discussion of theory
• Techniques of solving difficult questions
• Solution for a large number of technical problems
• Coverage of syllabus in its totality
• Examination oriented approach