is Associate Professor and Head in Electrical Engineering Department at Darshan Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rajkot, Gujarat. He is an M Tech from IIT-Roorkee and has also received a DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship for undertaking master's thesis at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. In 2013, he was selected for Energy Conservation Technique (Country Focused Training) under technical cooperation of government of Japan.
D B Raval :- He is an outstanding engineer. He has an industry experience of over six years during which he worked for two Tata affiliated companies. Thereafter, he moved to academics, joining VVP Engineering College at Rajkot, where he is serving for the last 18 years.
About the Book
This book provides knowledge of transmission and distribution of electric power, which is very essential for an electrical engineer. The language used is simple and maintains a smooth flow so that the students are able to imbibe the concepts and intricacies easily. Thus, it is truly studentfriendly.
• Basics of Power Systems • Transmission Line Components • Transmission Line Parameters • Underground Cables • Performance of Transmission Lines • Extra High Voltage Transmission • Components of Distribution System • Substations
• Written strictly in accordance with the syllabus of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
• Covers all the topics related to power systems
• Explains concepts through technically accurate diagrams for full clarity
• Contains large number of solved examples
• Shows comparison between similar topics to prevent confusion